The Journeyers

The Journeyers
Karen, Beth, and Jerri

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Paris, Shmaris

I arrived at CDG Airport around 11 a.m. (local time) on a wet, gray morning.  Didn't get much sleep, inflight food and movies were mediocre, and the airport was confusing, slow, and hot and humid.  The immigration officer barely looked at me or my passport, didn't say a single word, and didn't even stamp the passport.  However, my poles arrived safely.
After finally hooking up with Jerri and Beth, we waited a good 20 minutes or so in a light rain for the shuttle to Orly.  The only good thing about the trip was the bus itself--modern, roomy, clean, and comfortable.  The Paris we rode through offered loads of graffiti, belching smokestacks, ugly apartment and industrial buildings, and awful traffic.  Definitely not the tourist part of town.  Or perhaps the lack of sleep, the start of a pounding headache, too much food (3 meals on board the overnight flight) with no exercise, and the staggering humidity were prejudicing me.

1 comment:

  1. No, that sounds about right for Paris. Or so I've heard. Glad you arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete