The Journeyers

The Journeyers
Karen, Beth, and Jerri

Sunday, September 9, 2012

More From Jerri (Dated 9/8)

I am not having any particular goodbyes as everybody in my family seems to be in transition right now.  However, after a string of 9 days straight working in the ED, we are having a potluck dinner before I leave, "all-American" food as I won't be having any for a while.  I also brought my final backpack into the hospital to weigh, with everything I could possibly want plus some of Beth's stuff, and it was only 16 pounds. If I am willing to forgo any entertainment (knitting and books), I could get away with about 12 pounds, which seems pretty amazing.  Mary reports that Beth made us scallop luggage tags (the scallop shell is the symbol of the Camino).  I even convinced a reluctant Louisa to keep up my Project Life while I am gone.  So, nothing left to do except try to get some last comfortable sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment