The Journeyers

The Journeyers
Karen, Beth, and Jerri

Sunday, September 23, 2012

On the General Ward

September 23
This is Beth's half of the room.  As I'm taking the photo, my back is against the patient lockers.  Immediately to my right is the door to the bathroom.  That's it.

When four visitors (two per patient) are here, we often have to shuffle around to go in and out the door, etc.  It's a circus if any staff come.  But at least it's not the ICU, where they don't even offer chairs for visitors.
Over the lockers, there are two cupboard doors that are so high we can't imagine what they're for.  There are no blankets on the beds.  Then again, it's so hot, you wouldn't need one.  Just like everywhere else we've been, there are no screens on the windows, yet they really need to stay open because there is no air conditioning on this floor.  I can't imagine how the patients endure it in the summer.  Still, I remind myself, Beth is out of the ICU.

1 comment: