The Journeyers

The Journeyers
Karen, Beth, and Jerri

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Encounter with an Angel

October 2
Our albergue for the evening is a refurbished portion of the church Santa María y San Pedro.  The common room is large, includes a kitchen area, and has power strips for recharging electronics.  The beds are tucked tightly into any available space in the loft area.

Up in the bell tower, storks nest.

Note the various shells right at our entrance.
 

Before I head to bed, I plug my phone in to charge and some fellow peregrinos invite me to sit and have tea with them.  Sondra from Germany joins us. When she begins to ask questions, such as why people were walking, the other three pilgrims gradually slide down the benches to the other end of the table.  I find Sondra to be another angel in disguise.  She asks me gently probing questions, and quietly challenges some of my answers and statements (as my spiritual guide says, “I can tell what you think/feel by the words you use").  It is rather like having a therapy session (at her initiation--that's how I know she is an angel).  We talk about anything and everything; it is a nice release of some stress.  She is a beautiful soul.

The huge blister on my right heel (the result of the day we walked 33.3 km) stings enough to disrupt my sleep.  I hear the 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, and 5:00 church bells ring before I fall asleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment