The Journeyers

The Journeyers
Karen, Beth, and Jerri

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Albergue Via Trajana

October 7
Via Trajana is a family-run establishment and they make a fine effort to welcome and please guests.  It is a little bit of "extravagance" along our way.
 
Let me count the luxuries from a peregrino's perspective.  We are in a four-bed room with just one roommate, Beth from New Hampshire.  There is a real towel on each bed.  There is no wait to wash clothes, all the provisions for washing and hanging are provided, and there is an ample length of clothesline.  A sunny café sits out front (where I drink coffee and check e-mail while airing my feet).  I have an outlet by my bed all to myself.  But best of all, the bathroom--especially the shower--is beautiful and spotless.  So spotless I sit on the floor and let the continuously flowing, gloriously hot water rain down on me.  I get to shave my legs!  It's enough to make you weep.

Jerri with New Hampshire Beth at dinner.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment