The Journeyers

The Journeyers
Karen, Beth, and Jerri

Friday, August 31, 2012

Can You Ever Be Prepared Enough?

The closer the day of departure draws near, the more nervous I become.  Yes, I carefully bought and collected my gear.  I have a To Do list so nothing important goes undone.  And I've trained physically to the best of my ability.  None of this, however, guarantees success.

Yesterday I took my longest walk, with full gear.  I was thoroughly exhausted and my body was so achy and stiff that I had to take Tylenol to sleep.  And that was only 13 (and a bit) miles.  How will I ever go the distances required to keep on pace for the Camino?

Perhaps a little lightheartedness will help.  That's why I'm bringing Paddington--world traveler that he is--and one of the unofficial Briargate mascot ducks.  They will remind me to have fun; and it can't help but make me smile to take photos of them on the journey.  (Just sewing on Paddington's very own pilgrim's shell pushed away the anxiety for a time.)

And for anyone who's wondering, I have thought about it and, no, I don't think this is sacrilegious.  God has a sense of humor.
 

3 comments:

  1. I love Paddington's pilgrim shell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean he'll take the marmite jar from the pantry?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBY5epc8BS0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Paddington finds Marmite in Spain, he's welcome to the whole jar! ;-p

      Delete